Grout cleaners come in many forms to make the home more beautiful and clean. You can either buy them from local and online stores or make one yourself out of materials that you may already have. The type of grout cleaner that you pick must depend on the dirt level of your grout lines. Homemade grout cleaners will do for light and mild stains but commercial and professional grade cleaners work well for hard to remove dirt and substances. You can hire the services of a professional to do the cleaning for you but the cleaning of grout lines can be easily handled by most do-it-yourselfers.
Grout cleaning can be done by using special grout cleaning tools most commonly found in hardware stores like Home Depot. These tools range from simple brushes to electric grout scrubbers and cleaning machines. Together with the right grout cleaners, tiles and grout lines stay clean and well maintained. Kitchen and bathroom tiled walls and floors are kept clean for everyone’s safety and hygiene.
More Insights on Grout Cleaners
- Determine the level of dirt and stains on the grout lines and choose the appropriate grout cleaner for the job.
- Before you decide to spend money and buy commercial cleaners, try home remedies first. Chances are that the stains are just light and easy to remove so why spend money when homemade solutions can tackle the problem?
- Use protective gear when you’re using commercial or professional grade cleaners. You can also hire the services of a professional who specially handles grout cleaning.
- Try to seal your grout lines with a sealant so that less cleaning is required. Applying grout sealer repels water and stains for a considerable amount of time.
- Have a grout cleaning tool on hand so you can immediately scrub off stains before they become huge problems. A simple brush can do the job in immediately scrubbing off any dirt on the grout’s surface.
A grout cleaner is an essential cleaning agent for the home. Grout lines that are clean and well maintained don’t only look nice but they also contribute in making the whole room look and smell fresh. If you have tiled countertops, walls and floorings at home, having the right grout cleaning agent is essential in keeping the home a more conducive place in raising a family. Grout cleaning takes time but the results are well worth the effort as you provide a clean and healthy environment for the family. Please, click here for further information.
You can update your grout with one of tens of grout colors on the market. In this post we learn about new products that combine grout sealers with grout colors that allow you to breathe life back into faded tiled areas and update the look of tiled rooms in your home.
The color of your grout is as important as the tiles that you have. It performs a functional role to hold the tiles in place and protect them. It also plays an important aesthetic role, framing each tile.
Typically, the choice of the grout color is an important decision when laying tiles in your kitchen, bathroom or floors. Once the tiles are laid, that’s it you’re stick with the grout you have and you have to clean, seal and maintain it. Well, that’s what I used to think. The truth is, you are not stuck with the grout color you have.
There is a new range of grout sealer products that also can color it. They are commonly referred to as “grout renew” or “grout colorant” products. They are pretty cool and I wanted to touch on a few of them in this post.
Here we will spend some of time talking about grout cleaning products and the best ways to clean grout and protect yourself. Sometimes, after scrubbing and using powerful acid based cleaners, it remains stubbornly stained. It is these unmovable stains and faded look that are good indicators that you should consider a grout colorant. Some examples of when you should consider coloring your grout include;
- A stain you cannot remove with grout cleaners or scrubbing
- Grout is faded from age or use of harsh chemical cleaners
- You want to try a new look and brighten an area, such as a kitchen floor, wall or counter splash back
There are few leading products you can consider when looking for a grout colorant which you should consider as they seem to be the market leaders. I want to give you a heads up on the most popular grout colors that seem to be selling for each product. Like painting and other areas that require a color choice, it can be hard to know which color to go with. I find knowing the popular colors and a helpful starting point to cut down on the complexity of the decision. If you have any experience with these products or other grout colorant products, we would love to hear about it, so please leave a comment at the bottom.