Are you interested in starting with the racing drones? The truth is that the world of quadricopters gains fans daily and every day more and more people come to know about these flying objects very well. Here we have prepared a small guide to access the competitions of racing drone.
Flying the racing drone at a recreational and professional level is becoming a high-performance sport. And to compete well, it is necessary to have a great technical preparation, as well as having skill and quality equipment. So we have to look for a number of important differences to point out between the drones for amateur and drones for professionals;
- The drones for amateurs often have to take pictures and additions that make the flight as GPS, automatic positioning systems or cameras. For its part, the racing drone makes all responsibility to fall on the skill of the pilot.
- In addition, a racing drone reaches a much higher speed than any traditional one for the people who want to start.
- It should also be noted that racing drones are used with FPV goggles for a total immersion effect and speed, thanks to the addition of the First Person View which helps you see it all like 3D glasses.
- With racing drones, the skill of the pilot is vital. Hence, it requires great skill of piloting along techniques. Not only a good management required, it is also necessary to know the technical specifications of the racing drones, the climatic conditions, repairs in the apparatus, etc.
What it takes to find a good racing drones.
To have an optimal quality of racing drones, it is not worth buying an expensive one. Certain details must be clear before you buy the best racing drone which are listed below;
- A 250 mm chassis is recommended.
- Look for benchmarks to achieve the perfect engine.
- A good flight control board is needed to handle the telemetry, the OSD system, etc.
- The radio control is of vital importance.
- FPV eyewear is also vital and its quality will depend on your sensation and immersion when flying, and therefore the quality of the piloting.
- The duration of the batteries is a basic point to consider. It should generate a good momentum and endure the entire race.
- Propellers, of course, are a basic component as they also mark the performance of the drone.
When do I start to compete?
Before competing with your racing drones, it is important that you train very well. Once you feel ready, you will see that there is a whole world out there. For example, you can compete in the following events;
Drone Racing League (DRL)
It takes place in the various states of the United States.
World Drone Prix
It takes place in Dubai and has the prize of around 250,000 dollars for the winner.
It’s the International Drone Racing Association and manages to hold drone races all over the planet.
Tips from Experts to Start with Professional Drones Racing
- It is good to use simulators before getting started with the professional drone races. They can be used even from the mobile, but it is better to try with the computer and a good controller.
- Train with the microquad, which weighs little, has good durability and is very useful for improving and gaining skills.
- You should practice a lot of flying the racing drone with Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS). Once you control it perfectly, switch to First Person View (FPV).
- Above all, you must remain patient and practice a lot. This is a process that needs time to achieve perfect control.