Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
This is a great recipe for pizza dough without yeast. It is quick and easy and it rises in the oven as you cook it. There is no need to waste time letting the dough rise.
- To get started, mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Now stir in the olive oil and milk and form a dough.
- Next, gently knead dough inside the bowl a few times until you are satisfied with the texture.
- Roll it out on a floured countertop.
- Transfer to your pizza pan or pizza peel for transfer to a hot baking stone, and then add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
This crust can bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. It will get brown on the edges and bottom when it is ready. Plus, it will rise from the action of the baking powder in the recipe.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic in oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk to make sauce creamier
To begin, add butter to a 1 quart saucepan over low heat.
Once butter has melted and begins to brown a bit, stir in minced garlic and simmer for one minute or so.
Then, gradually add both types of cheese and stir in milk until you get the Alfredo sauce to a creamy consistency.
You don’t want to make it too runny for your pizza. If it is runny, you can stir in a very small amount of flour to thicken it up as it simmers. You should never overheat this sauce for the reason that it will scald and then it just won’t taste right.
It is best to spoon this sauce onto your prepared pizza crust and then spread it around with a plastic spatula.
With the above mentioned stuff and other necessary ingredients, you care ready to make your grilled pizza. You can try to make a grilled pizza with a homemade crust, but just remember that any holes or tears in your crust will let the toppings fall into the fire. This popular pizza recipe hasn’t really been around that long. Many people prefer to make it with a premade or store-bought crust which is firm, and uniform enough to not fall apart on the grill. A grilled pizza cooks pretty quickly, so you can’t rely on the heat from the grill to cook the toppings sufficiently in that short amount of time. You may need to pre-cook the thicker ingredients to make sure they are done well before you add them to your pizza.