With a 90-minute session of Bikrma yoga, you can get incredible benefits for your well-being which are as follows;
- You work all the muscles of your body, as you would in a gym, but working with your own weight, without machines or heavy machines.
- You burn as many calories as you would burn if you did a 10 km race.
- You reach your adequate weight permanently.
- All your skin receives a massage and a facial. You will look soft, supple, hydrated and resplendent.
- It promotes the balanced secretion of hormones, restoring the natural balance of your body and filling you with a feeling of happiness and well-being.
- You oxygenate the blood that runs through your organs, so that fresh and freshly oxygenated blood nourishes your organs.
- It strengthen all your joints, cartilage, ligaments and bones.
- It stretches, flexes and revitalizes your spine and all the nerves that run through it, strengthening the muscles of your back and restoring the intervertebral space.
- It reduces the chemical response of the stress in your body.
- Bikram yoga increases the blood flow to the brain, oxygenates it and helps its chemical balance.
The Role of Heat in Bikram Yoga
Heat is our ally in Bikram Yoga. The practice of yoga modifies the structure of the body from the inside to the outside, from the bones to the skin, from the tips of the fingers to the toes. To achieve this, it is first necessary to warm your body for the reason that a hot body is a flexible body.
Bikram yoga was born in India, where it is hot at any place and time of the year. To reproduce the heat of the same degree, the Bikram yoga centers raise the thermostat in the place, so that the students can do the twists and stretches with greater security. Heat offers multiple benefits in the practice of Bikram yoga such as the following;
- It helps a fluid stretch of your muscles, which allows a greater range of movement in your joints and ligaments, increasing your flexibility with a lower risk of hurting you.
- It increases blood circulation and increases the heart rate, making your practice also a cardiovascular exercise.
- The speed of metabolism increases, promoting the elimination of fatty acids and toxins, improving the processing of blood glucose.
- It promotes the proper functioning of the immune system.
- By increasing metabolism, fat can be redistributed and used as fuel during your Bikram yoga class, so that you get rid of the extra kilos in a short time.
- It promotes an expansion of the lungs, strengthening them and making them more flexible, which gives optimal health of the respiratory system.
- The elimination of waste and toxins is maximized through the skin, the largest organ of the body.
- Your character is forged in the challenging environment of Bikram yoga, and you strengthen your will, self-control and perseverance.